October 22, 2007

May God Bless You with Discomfort








May God bless you with anger
at injustice, oppression and exploitation of people

So that you may work for justice, freedom and peace.
May God bless you with tears
To shed for those who suffer pain, rejection, hunger, and war
So that you may reach out your hand to comfort them
And turn their pain into joy.
And may God bless you with enough foolishness
To believe that you can make a difference in the world,
So that you can do what others claim cannot be done
To bring justice and kindness to all our children and the poor.

This poem is a Franciscan Benediction found in Phillip Yancey's book "Prayer".

So I encourage you to re-read the benediction and to make it a prayer. And be warned, it is a wonderfully dangerous prayer to pray.
-Sam Harvey (Quoted by Mark Pouteaux)

___________________________________________________-
_____________________________________________________

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that I lot.

P.S. You should blog more because I really like what you post.

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat internet marketing[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or not-so-known avenues to generate an income online.

Anonymous said...

I love markpoto.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards