February 22, 2007

From the inside out







From the Inside Out
-
by: Mark Pouteaux


A question that I try to challenge myself, as often as I remember: Do I love God, from the inside out?
-> Am I continually surrendering to God, that He may daily transform me? 'Cuz I don't follow a religion or a set of rules or a formula. I follow HIM. But change doesn't happen overnight, it takes time, and it happens on the inside!
So what effect does my relationship with God have on my day to day life?


Phillipians chapter 1 says: "And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and discernment, so that you may approve the things that are excellent, and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God."

That word "pure" means .........set apart

Set apart, for one, for only God, and nothing else. We are called to be pure of heart and mind.

Only when you let your heart be searched by God, can you fully see what your heart is like!
So,..pray constantly. Pour out your prayer.
Have confidence in God, God is the one doing wonders, its your choice of whether or not you want to be a part of what He is doing in this broken and dying world.
Don't guilt others, love them, want the very best for them. God saved us out of a burning love for us. Show that to others.

Don't compromise your morality, or your faith. Stand up and step up to what God says is excellent. God is going to finish what He began in you. Do not obstruct with what God wants to do, in you, and in this world.


"Lord make me like you, give me a heart like yours, to love what you love, and to hate what you hate."




-

No comments: